10. The plots in this book play a good part. The scene is set up in Washington D.C., Texas, and a small town in Al-Quaeda. The scenes play huge roles because they help to set up the feel and emotion to the book. they are all described so well that it really makes you feel that you are there and that adds a nice touch into the story.
9. The bombs set up the Washington D.C. on the parade route are major factors in the story. The bombs were set up to try to kill the president during a parade on memorial. they were set up by two terrorists from two different remote areas in Al-Quaeda. the bombs also gave the story a big sense of thrill and suspense at the same time because you didnt know when they were going to go off.
8. The documents that were recovered in the small town in Al-Quaeda were big. The documents ended up being plans on assassinating the president of the united states. they were found at random when a small group of soldiers attacked the town. "These documents are plans to assassinate the president." (pg.115)
7. The president of the united states has a role that in which he was the one who sent the troops to the small town in Al-Quaeda first and also for being the one who is planned to get assassinated. he sent the troops there to break up a little terrorist meeting which ended up with the troops finding the papers on his planned assassination. "I want troops in asap" (pg.101)
6. The troops that were both part of the attack and that went to Texas and also stayed up for 48 hours were life savers for the president and everyone else. not only did they help to recover the documents but they also helped to save the presidents life and did all of the heavy/dirty work for the whole mission.
5. Zubair was the weaker of the two terrorists in my opinion. he did most of the light work. Zubair came in from LAX airport looking a normal businessman. his main job was to get the bombs wired and armed to the laptop for Al-Yamadi. "ive never been so scared before. what if i get caught on the airplane or in the terminal."(pg.219)
4. The email that was sent by the two terrorist to the cia was an email that summed up that the attacks were not off and that there would be an attack on the president on memorial day. the cia was stunned that there was only a date and nothing else. no name, no return email. "The attacks are not off yet" (354)
3. Mrs. Kennedy is a special opps worker for the cia. she is not military based but however can control the military with out any permission from d.c. or the president. Kennedy was the one who called in for the small group of troops and rapp to go back to the small town in Al-Quaeda to try and find any other information that they could on the assassination. she also helped with tracing down the terrorists down in texas.
2. Al-Yamadi is the leader of the two terrorists. he helped to plan the main attack and had been training for it years in advance. he got the u.s. by stealing a yacht in the caribbean and then he sailed all the way to the u.s. he was also the one who was chosen to detonate the bombs with the laptop but was stopped by rapp. ""Ahh my brother. lets take down this country" (226)"
1. Rapp is the head of the cia and knows everything on the mission. he lead the all the teams in the book. the one that went to Al-Quaeda twice, the team to texas, and the team that protected the president. Rapp also took Al-yamadi by himself on memorial day when he saw him standing in the crowd of people almost ready to detonate the bombs.